The following guide is for configuring a 3CX PBX with a VoIPtalk SIP trunk.
Note: This guide will work with 3CX version V15.0 and higher. Please make sure all updates have been installed.
You will need:
- The VoIPtalk ID – You can find it by logging to your VoIPtalk panel via the website voiptalk.org
- The VoIPtalk password – You can find it by clicking on the VoIPtalk Id in your VoIPtalk control panel.
The steps are:
Adding SIP Trunk
1) Click on “SIP Trunks” from the left-hand menu and select “Add SIP Trunk”.
Select Country: UK
Provider: 500 Limited SIP trunk Plus
Main Trunk: Your VoIPtalk Incoming Number/DID
2) Clicking on "OK" will open a new page in which additional trunk details are to be filled.
Name of Trunk: VoIPtalk
Registar/Server/Gateway Hostname or IP: voiptalk.org - 5060
Outbound Proxy: nat.voiptalk.org - 5065
Number of SIM Calls: Set any value (a value less than or equal to the number of channels available for the account)
Authentication ID (SIP User ID): Your VoIPtalk ID
Authentication password: Your VoIPtalk password
Main Trunk No: Your VoIPtalk incoming number
3) Click on the DIDs tab to add incoming numbers.
4) Click "OK" at the top of the page to save these settings.
Adding Outbound Rules
1) Click on “Outbound Rules” from the left hand menu and select “Add button”.
2) Enter the name for the new rule.
3) Specify the criteria that should be matched for this outbound rule to be triggered.
4) Click "Ok" at the top of the page to save this rule.
Note: The below example uses the "Default" extension group to define the numbers to which this rule will apply.
Routing inbound calls from VoIPtalk to the PBX
1) Go to www.voiptalk.org
2) Click on "Login" and enter your user name and password.
3) Click on your incoming number from the list.
4) Select “Route to a SIP PBX” from the configuration option drop down list.
5) Click "Select Option" and "Route to SIP PBX" button.
6) Your 3CX PBX is now ready to make and receive calls.