The following guide is for configuring a FreePBX with a VoIPtalk account.
You will need:
- The VoIPtalk ID – You can find it by logging to your VoIPtalk panel via the website voiptalk.org
- The VoIPtalk password – You can find it by clicking on the VoIPtalk Id in your VoIPtalk control panel.
- An operational FreePBX with GUI access (username and password)
The version of FreePBX used here is 220.127.116.11, however any versions of FreePBX can be used for this guide.
1) Login to the admin web interface by entering the IP address of the FreePBX in the address bar of your web browser. You will get a screen similar to the one below.
2) Click on connectivity and select "Trunks"
3) Click on Add Trunk and select either Add SIP (chan_pjsip) Trunk or Add SIP (chan_sip) Trunk
4) After selecting the trunk, on the next page you will have 3 tabs to configure your trunk.
- General: Trunk specific information and caller ID related
- Dialed Number Manipulation Rules: Inbound dial plan
- SIP Settings: VoIPtalk account and proxy server configuration
5) Select "Sip Settings" and configure it with the following details:
If the FreePBX is behind the NAT
If the FreePBX is on a public IP address
6) Click on "Submit" and "Apply Changes". FreePBX will now have a registered VoIPtalk trunk.