Any customer can have multiple SIP IDs (sometimes referred to as VoIPtalk ID or Trunk ID) each with multiple Incoming Numbers. Typically multiple SIP IDs will be used to managing billing matters but multiple SIP IDs can also be used to help in that management of inbound calls. Regardless of the reason, it may be necessary from time to time to reassign an Incoming Number from one ID to another.
Note: It is only possible for customers to reassign an Incoming Number to a SIP ID associated with the same Account. Where a customer has multiple Accounts, assistance from Telappliant will be required to complete this task.
To complete this task you will need access to your VoIPtalk Portal. You will need to know the email address and web login password in order to log on.
Please review the additional comments at the end of this article before proceeding to make any changes.
Reassigning the Incoming Number
To move a number form one SIP ID to another please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to http://www.voiptalk.org using your internet browser and click the green Login button on the right of the grey menu bar at the top. Enter the email address that is registered with your account and the web login password. Click the green Sign In button.
- Once logged in to your Account a list of all the Incoming Numbers that are assigned to your Account is displayed separated by the SIP ID they are associated with.
- In this example we are going to reassign the Incoming Number 02070996373 from SIP ID 844286553 to SIP ID 844290529.
- Click on the number 02070996373. This will open the Manage Incoming Numbers page with this number already selected.
- Select “Route to a VoIPtalk ID” from the "Select a Configuration Option" list, then click on Select Option button.
- Now you need to select which SIP ID to associate the number with by selecting the appropriate number from the list presented. In this example we select "844290529". Once selected, click the Route button.
- This completes the task. The Manage Incoming Numbers page will close and the list of Incoming Numbers will now reflect the change.
The steps here are assuming that the Incoming Number is originally routed as "Routed to a VoIPtalk ID". The original routing of the Incoming Number is shown on the Manage Incoming Numbers page and the example below shows an example with the Incoming Number being routed to a VoIPtalk ID:
If the current routing is different that shown above then additional steps will be required to ensure that the Incoming Number is routed correctly. The table below lists the routings and what additional actions may be required for each.
|Route to a VoIPtalk ID||None|
|Route to a PBX via IP or DNS||Repeat steps 3-5 changing the selection from the list as appropriate|
|Route to a SIP PBX||Repeat steps 3-5 changing the selection from the list as appropriate|
|Divert Number||Repeat steps 3-5 changing the selection from the list as appropriate|
|Route to VoIPoffice||If the new SIP ID is configured as a trunk on the VoIPoffice already then repeat steps 3-5 changing the selection from the list as appropriate. Otherwise contact Telappliant for assistance.|
|Route to External Provider||Repeat steps 3-5 changing the selection from the list as appropriate|
|Route to my IAXy||Repeat steps 3-5 changing the selection from the list as appropriate|
|Advanced Divert||Make a note of the original settings then repeat steps 3-5 changing the selection from the list as appropriate|
|Configure Fax-to-Email||Repeat steps 3-5 changing the selection from the list as appropriate|