To configure Aastra 6867i VoIP phone, you need to plugin the phone into the power outlet and connect it to your IP network. The phone will boot up and connect to the network automatically. Now you need a PC connected into the same network so that you can access the web configuration menu of your Aastra phone.
Find IP Address of Aastra 6867i
To find the IP address of your Aastra 6867i phone please press the settings key on the handset. It will display the "status" page on the screen. Now press the tick button on Navigation keyand scroll down to "Network". You will find your Aastra 6867i IP address here.
Now follow the steps below to configure your Aastra 6867i phone with your VoIPtalk settings.
1. Enter the IP address found above as URL in a web browser on your PC which is on the same network.
2. You will see a pop up for "Authentication Required" will appear and ask you to enter your "User Name" and "Password". The default details are:
User Name: admin
Enter the login details and click on the "Log In" icon as shown below
3. On the left menu section of the screen click on line 1, under Advanced Setting
4. Enter the account details as follows:
Screen Name - This can be any value which will display on the phone screen.
Registrar Port - 5060
Click on the Save settings button on the bottom of the screen. Your phone will confirm you the changes.
5. On the web config screen, you will be advised you to restart the phone. To restart the phone, click on the Reset option under the Operations section on the left-side menu. Click on the button Restart. The phone will automatically restart.
Once the phone will reboot itself, your phone will be registered.
Testing the service
To test that the softphone can make a call, use the keypad to dial '902' then press the green phone icon to initiate the call. You should hear a congratulations message.