Before you begin there are some pieces of information that you will require:
- Your SIP ID (sometimes called VoIPtalk ID or trunk ID)
- The password that is associated with that SIP ID
- The incoming numbers associated with the VoIPTalk ID
- Number of channels purchased with the VoIP Trunk
Note: This guide is suitable for the 3CX phone system version 12.0 or higher. Please make sure all the updates have been installed.
1. The latest Windows machine comes with Metro or Classic interface. The below images shows you how to open the 3CX console on a Metro or Classic interface.
Windows Metro Screen:
Click on the 'Lens' button at the top right hand side. Type 3CX > Click on 3CX Windows Management Console.
Windows Classic Screen:
Click on Start>All Programs>3CX Phone System>3CX Windows Management Console.
3CX Phone System Management Console log in screen:
Please login using the respective credential which you have setup during the installation process.
2. To add a VoIP trunk provider.
Click on the 'VoIP Providers' at the left hand side panel.
Click on '+ Add Provider'.
Type the Name of Provider as 'VoIPTalk'.
Choose the Country as 'UK'.
Select the Provider as 'VoIPTalk'.
Click on 'Next'.
3. Adding SIP registrar and the proxy.
You will notice that the fields in the below image filled up automatically. Click on 'Next'.
4. Enter your account details as below and click on 'Next'.
External number = Your VoIPTalk ID
Authentication ID = Your VoIPTalk ID
Authentication Password = Your VoIPTalk ID password
Maximum simultaneous calls = Set any value EG. 20
Note: The number of simultaneous calls depends upon availability of channels purchased with the VoIPTalk account. By default, a VoIPTalk account provided with 2 channels (incoming, outgoing or both). If you need to purchase more channels, please contact the Telappliant/VoIPTalk sales team.
5. Select the respective destination where you prefer to the route the Inbound calls. Click on 'Next'.6. Setup an outbound rule to make Outbound calls via VoIPTalk trunk. The below example uses '9' as a prefix to pass the call via VoIPTalk trunk and the first digit is stripped in this case it will be '9'. The other conditions can be used as you desire when you have some knowledge about the 3CX Phone System. Click on 'Finish' to complete the setup.
The added provider should be listed under VoIP Provider and the Registration status can be checked by clicking on 'Ports/Trunks Status'. The Green colour shows a successful registration.
7. Go to the VoIPTalk portal to modify the incoming number routing as a DID. This setup will route the inbound calls in the form of incoming number for the 3CX dial plan to understand.
Go to www.voiptalk.org
Click on 'Login' and enter your username and password
Click on the respective incoming number which is associated with the trunk configured in 3CX Phone System
Select the Configuration Option as 'Route to a SIP PBX' and click on 'Route to SIP PBX' button.
8. Go back to the 3CX Windows Management Console. Click on the 'Inbound Rules' at the left hand side panel.
Click on '+ Add DID'
Type an Inbound rule name
Leave the Inbound Rule type to default
Type the full incoming number in DID/DDI number/mask
Put a tick mark in the check box next to VoIPTalk in Available ports
Change the destination if required and click Apply and OK
9. Test for functionality. Please make a test inbound and outbound call.