This guide will show you how to configure a Grandstream ATA (Analogue Telephone Adapter) Device to VoIPOffice. A Grandstream HandyTone 704 (HT704) is used to demonstrate the process, however the same instructions apply to configure all ATA Devices in the Grandstream range.
- Open your VoIPOffice Welcome Pack, as this contains the Extension details, which you need to configure your phone. The extension details include:
1) Your VoIPOffice IP Address, for example: 22.214.171.124
2) Your Extension Number, for example: 1001
3) Your Extension Password (Secret), for example: Tuq*68beKg-V7_4*
The details used for examples are not valid, please do not attempt to use them.
- Plug your ATA Device and computer into the same network. Plug an Analogue phone into the Phone 1 port of the ATA Device.
Use the WAN port if you have one available, otherwise use the LAN port.
Dial *** from the phone to get into the IVR menu.
Press 02 to get the IP address of the device.
If you have a WAN port, you need to enable HTTP web access:
Press 12 then 9 to enable HTTP access from the WAN.
Reboot the device to apply the changes.
- Enter the ATA Device's IP address into a web browser. You'll see the login page.
- Enter the default password shown below and then click Confirm.
Now you'll see the device's status page.
- Click on the Profile 1 tab.
- For Primary SIP Server enter your VoIPOffice IP Address.
- Click Update then Apply.
- Click on the FXS Ports tab.
- For SIP User ID, Authenticate ID and Name enter your extension number.
For Password enter your extension password (secret).
Note: Please do not use the text shown as settings in the image below.
- Click Update then Apply then Reboot.
- Check the status page and you should see Registered.
You can also check to see if your extension is online in the Monitor section of your VoIPOffice.
If you see registered and online, then you have successfully registered your device to VoIPOffice.
Other Important Notes
If you're using a fax machine with your ATA device then ensure you:
- Allow sending faxes: Enable "Use RTP source address for T.38 packets (1.2)" on the extension - this only applies to Version 3.8.5 of VoIPOffice.
- Allow receiving faxes: Set your incoming number's "Destination" type to "Extension" (not "Fax to Email") and "Value" to the "Extension Number"
If you're not using a fax machine but do want to receive faxes using an extension configured with our Communicator software: Set your incoming number's "Destination" type to "Fax to Email" and "Value" to the "Extension Number".