The following guide is for configuring a Polycom SoundPoint IP 321/331 with a VoIPOffice extension.
You will need:
- The VoIPOffice IP address – e.g. "77.240.xxx.xxx"
- The Extension number – e.g. "1001"
- The extension password/Secret (can be found by going to the edit mode of that specific extension, see the screenshot below)
1) Connect the Polycom SoundPoint to the network (Router or Switch) using an Ethernet cable, make sure that you have at least 1 computer connected to the same network on which the Polycom SoundPoint is connected.
2) Find the IP address of the device by pressing the phone menu, scroll through to status > Platform > phone > scroll through until you see the IP address. You can also get the IP address just after the handset boots up.
3) On the computer connected to the same network as the phone, launch the web browser and type that IP address (including the dots) into the address bar.
4) Login to the device's web interface using the following details (default):
Username – "Polycom" (case sensitive)
Password – "456"
5) Once you have logged in, select the Lines tab and fill in the following information:
Display name: The extension number
Address: Extension number@VoIPOffice IP/URL
Authentication ID: Extension number
Authentication password: the extension password/secret
Address: The VoIPOffice IP address/URL
6) Click "Submit" and the phone will reboot.
7) When the phone is back online, log into the VoIPOffice and go to the "Monitor" section. If the extension shows as "Online" it has been registered correctly.